Branch Office of the International Organization of Open Society Institute - Assistance Foundation in Tajikistan in collaboration with American Austrian Foundation is pleased to announce a call for applicants interested in attending OMI - Salzburg Medical Seminars (http://www.aaf-online.org/)
The Salzburg Medical Seminars, established in 1993, is a postgraduate medical education program founded by the American Austrian Foundation and physicians from Weill Medical College of Cornell University to bridge the knowledge gap between East and West, North and South.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Hospital for Special Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, the Cleveland Clinic, Methodist Hospital and leading European centers are sending their experts for one week to Salzburg to teach (pro bono) English speaking colleagues from more than 100 countries, including Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia, the former Soviet Union;
.Under the auspices of the American Austrian Foundation, the seminars are funded by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Culture and the Open Society Foundations, as well as corporate and individual donors
Those wishing to apply must fulfill the following criteria:
• English speaking, mid-career level, practicing physicians with teaching responsibilities from Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the former Soviet Union.
• Board and tuition is provided by the organizer.
• Certified specialist in the medical topic of the seminar or in final year of training
• Publications: in mother tongue, and particularly in English
• Uploaded proof of required documentation (see application process)
• Country coordinator recommendation (when applicable)
Application Process & Deadlines
Applications to seminars must be done online http://www.aaf-online.org/index.php/salzburg-medical-seminars.html. It is only possible to apply to seminars with open deadlines. Please click on "Apply" in the Dates & Topics or go directly to the Online Application Platform- http://aaf.bitmedia.cc/ext/omi/applications/catalog/internal.php?register2=9
• Open competition, selection based on merit
• 30 slots per seminar are available
• Equal representation of all countries whenever possible
Candidates will be notified if their application has been successful or not by email in due course. For more details about the program please refer to the OMI Travel and Reimbursement Guidelines.
If we can answer any further questions, please do not hesitate to be in touch with us through:
Nigora Abidjonova, Director Public Health Programs, e-mail: email@example.com
Address: OSI-AF TAJIKISTAN, 4th floor ,room 403, 37/1 Bokhtar street, Business Center VEFA, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Phone: +992 47 441 07 28; 47 441 07 46; 227 55 58